Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Backyard


The Wallflower (purple) and the red bells had grown thick and wide overshadowing everything in its path so I got out my trusty clippers and thinned them out yesterday. Such a beautiful summer day, perfect in that the fog burned off early and sunshine prevailed and the wind decided to take a break so it was a day to be outside. My biggest problem is I like neat and I don't think neat goes with a garden. The flowers like to blossom and spread their beauty and being confined is not in their realm. There is so much I do not know about gardening although I am finding out that the more I clip the bigger the bush so maybe there is a method to my madness after all. As I walk outside and look at other gardens I notice a lot more weeds are growing tall and I might add beautiful as the weeds are in bloom and some of them are not bad at all. I'm thinking if I can't lick them, then I might as well join them so when you next visit you may see a 'natural' yard thick and overgrown with natures own. Talk is cheap . . . I have already bought some of that killer weed and have to enlist the aid of someone with strong hands to put the nozzle on the container so I can spread it around. So much for admiring weeds in all their glory.
I had some e-mails this morning I wish I could put on the blog as the works of Salvatore Dali flashed across the screen in gorgeous display. Most of the pictures I had never seen before and was truly amazed as to where his imagination took him. Unbelievable scenes bringing alive his concept of nature at its best.
So today, take a trip to an art gallery and explore the talent of the wonderful artists who take a tiny paint brush in hand and lead you to a beautiful colorful world of peace and harmony. Do something for you that will make you smile. Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment