Thursday, July 15, 2010

The Shocker Band

Son Michael, in the middle plays guitar, sings a little, as Scoot, on the right, writes songs by the thousands and John on the right, drums a mean drum.
Here is John G. with his drums and he is very talented.

Mike, Scoot and John resting on their laurels. It takes a lot of energy to play for hours and hours.
Scoot had posted these pictures on Facebook so I took the liberty of copying them. These men have been playing music together for many years and have played at a wedding or two. They do get up on stage and have come a long way since they first started out. Scoot and John have always had full beards and Mike has one now and then and recently spouted a sort of goatee which I'd like to take by the shank and cut it off.....but I haven't cut his hair since he was six. I wonder if 'cutting remarks' would do the trick. I doubt it. It reminds me of the day I walked into a restaurant with Chuck on one side and Mike on the other . . . both men in leather vests, chains dangling from their belts and looking pretty hippy. The waitress did a double take as we walked in and I'm sure she thought I was a hostage of some kind. She wanted to call 911, I'm sure, but she stayed calm, took our orders and kept an eye on our table all the while. She really wasn't sure if I was a captive or not. A prime example of 'you can't tell a book by its cover' as these men are hard working, hard living and good men who live by a creed they believe in. They are good friends and take care of each other which is nice to see.

An Alaskan Brown bear , look at those claws . . . wouldn't want to meet this fellow on the pathway. Son John took this picture in Denali.




Mt. Whittier, Alaska. A study in blue. It has a feeling of serenity, and look at the snow still on the mountain and it was taken only last week. Summer in Alaska.



So today, enjoy your summer day. I hope it isn't too hot where you are. Our days have been really perfect this week. We couldn't ask for better summer days. Yesterday we went to the Port and had to wait a half hour for our fish and chips at the Hungry Clam. The tourists are in town so that means lots of hungry people and they discovered where the best fish and chips are. Granddaughter Erin is here on a visit and we treated her to lunch out. She loves fish and chips although I think sushi is her favorite. We'll have to take her out for dinner before she leaves and treat her to some of those delights of rice, seaweed, shrimp and stuff . . . yuck , well everyone can't love sushi. It is okay . . . but . . . let's face it I like my fish cooked. As we have learned over the years, everyone has their own tastes and that is a good thing, so when you plot and plan a special treat out, go and have your own favorite food and enjoy it. Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment