Sunday, July 11, 2010

A New Generation

Breanna was only three when I became her baby sitter . . . and baby look at her now . . . all the way to college and a busy life. Breanna brings a lot of wonderful memories to mind and I am so proud of the young lady she had become.
This is Meagan

and her sister Kira. I was very close friends with their grandparents, Vickie and Chuck, who have gone on to their reward. It is sad they didn't get a chance to see the girls grow into such lovely ladies. Both are smart, talented and make their mom, Christine, a very happy lady.


This is Meagen. Isn't she a beauty!! Meagen is cousin Walter Sullivan's daughter and from what I hear she is smart and bright as a new penny. I haven't met her yet, but if I ever get to Rhode Island I will.



Alice, Pauline's new great granddaughter. I wish I could put on the little clip showing her sitting at a piano while her grandmother Karen tries to teach her how to play. She was much more interested in the shiny lights but I am betting she will be a pianist before she is seven.







Caleb, strong and good looking, ready to take on the tennis court; his grandparents have him in tow for the weekend and you know they are avid tennis players. Caleb doesn't stand a chance of sitting on the sidelines. He will be a pro before we know it.



So today I thought it would be fun to show off a few of my little family of friends. I enjoy the e-mails and letters I get from the parents and grandparents who are willing to share the news and pictures of the children. I have to laugh out loud as I got nineteen pictures of Caleb swimming in a beautiful pool, playing tennis, talk about bragging rights. I can't say I blame them, he's a winner and well worth bragging about. Now speaking of grandchildren . . . I'll save my bragging for another day as I am expecting my beautiful granddaughter to come for a visit so I'll take pictures and join in the bragging rights.
So today, Sunday already, hopefully you are up and out and enjoying this beautiful summer morning. If you have pictures you want to brag about, send them along. There is always room for one more child in my life. What fun it would be to have them sitting around my table eating blueberry pancakes and telling tales about what they are doing on their summer vacations. Seeing I can't have that, the next best thing is news of them, so hurry up, take some new pictures and brag on . . . I love it and you too. Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment