Tuesday, July 6, 2010

A Summer Day

Noah's Ark picture with instructions in the e-mail yesterday saying we should not miss the boat, plan ahead, stay fit, build on high ground, travel in pairs, speed is not always an advantage, think of the snails mixed with the cheetahs; float when stressed, and know that no matter what the storms are, you are with God and the rainbow is always waiting.
My neighbor, Laverne, came in with a hand full of flowers that are a relative of the gladiola family. They are stark white with pink petals and very lovely. She went outside and cut a few of the Rose of Sharon bush to offset them and it certainly made a beautiful bouquet for the dining room table. There is nothing like fresh flowers to brighten a room and give a big boost to your morale.


I spent a little time walking around the back yard and saw the grass bush had finally come to life. It has been a spindly bush for a long while, but this year it came alive and had to be cut back as it was reaching out into the other bushes and would soon carpet the entire area.

The Rose of Sharon in full bloom. I hate to see it but the petals are already beginning to fad off. It wont be long before they are begging to be cut back and rest after putting on such a beautiful display. It is fun to sit here typing on the computer and see people stop and admire the bush. If I am outside they stop to ask the name of it. I wouldn't be surprised to see a bush or two in other yards before long.



As I was typing away, a deer walked on to the rocks of the front yard so I grabbed my camera and went out to take a picture. It was standing by the front porch and stopped eating my bush long enough to look up at me with those big bug like eyes and a huge round black nose. The camera didn't work. Well, the camera actually did work but the camera-lady couldn't push the right button on time and the deer walked past at a leisurely pace as I kept trying to get a picture . . . well I did, it's ass end going out where there is no fence. I need to put up a fence to match my neighbors, or at least a fence of some kind as my neighbors tell me I have other unwanted guests on two feet, but so far I haven't seen them. Usually it is safe and quiet around here. I just think a visitor saw the deer in the open field and came over to take pictures.



The neighbor boy still busy with the fire crackers and cans. I think the blast makes the can shoot up in the air and that is the desire to keep playing with 'fire'. I was told that the firework booth sales were very low this year, but that shouldn't be a surprise as our economy is down in the dumps and people are having a tough time just existing.



So today take time to do a little gardening. There is something about working the soil that is good for the soul. Take a few hints from the Noah's Ark message and make today even better than yesterday . . . a new day, summer hot, breezy and one to be remembered. Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment