Tuesday, July 20, 2010

A musing morning


Daughter Pat took this picture of a sand dollar lying on a beach. It is like this morning, peaceful and very quiet as the fog is in thick and low, only the silhouette of the trees shows through the eerie mist. The houses are dark, not a light bulb on, as their 'people' sleep in. You can well imagine the alarm clocks ticking and soon they will be up and getting ready for the new day, some to work and some to play. There is no wind this morning, not even a slight breeze at the moment, so the stillness brings about a feeling of calmness and serenity. I am thankful to have slept soundly and late this morning, as my usual wake up time is around four or five A.M. It is now six A.M. and I am wondering what is in store for me today. I'll do a chore or two around the house and I may even pull a few weeds in the garden beds, although I think some clipping needs doing as the bushes have grown wild and wide this year. If the girls are available, maybe we can plan a beach walk and see if there are any more sand dollars waiting to be picked up and treasured.
On mornings like this, I wonder why everyone in our world cannot wake up to such peace and quiet, but I know as soon as I pour my cup of coffee and put on the morning news, the realism will seep in and the words and pictures will be of all the strife and misery on going in our world. Even in our little town isn't free of it as the local politicians agree to disagree. Speaking of politicians, I wrote to Congressman DeFazio about the possibility of the Muslims building a mosque on ground zero and my views of how wrong this is and the response, now via e-mail, was his views on spending. His office staff is trained well . . . I still do not know how he stands on this particular subject. I heard yesterday that building is already started near ground zero; we'll probably read about it at the opening ceremonies. No life is not FAIR as the parents and friends of the three thousand plus who died on September 11, 2001 protest and go unheard. As the saying goes, 'there is something wrong in Denmark' only this time the mark is ground zero. If you have any thoughts on the subject, write your representatives and let me know what kind of a response you get. I hope at least one or two of our illustrious leaders are watching over us.
So today, may you have a calm and peaceful day . . . don't turn your television, radio, or blueberry so you will remain that way. Stop and light just one candle . . . it may be the one to set our world into a peaceful orbit. Hope, isn't that a lovely word? Faith, now there is another one, Charity, yeah, added it to your list of to-do today and make your day the best one yet. Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment