Friday, July 2, 2010

Deer, Oh Dear!







Good Friday morning. There is a patch of blue in the sky and no fog, a few clouds to greet us as the resident deer walk by slowly, ambling if you will, with no place to go and in no hurry to go anywhere. There is a new little one that likes to settle in under the bushes driving the little dog Sheba crazy as she barks her head off . She is in an enclosed pen in her back yard facing the empty field, and you know she would love to get out and chase that baby deer away. The evening quiet was broken last night when a burst of fire crackers went off outside my door. It was unexpected so you know I reacted like I had been shot out of my chair, but it only took a second to realize what it was. We don't have many neighborhood fireworks as a rule, although this year it will be different as our newest neighbor has two teenage sons anxious to try out a few of those fire crackers. Sharon has given us fair warning and tells us there are not very many and we are all invited to come and watch the display. If we are lucky we will also be able to see the fireworks from our street. The big display is put on every year at the Kite Field and I can watch from my back porch . . . if the fog is not hanging around. I started some fireworks of my own as I stopped by and lit some candles at the Star of the Sea church yesterday in thanksgiving for the good news of granddaughter Erin's new job. She called with her good news and is jazzed. I was sitting in the quiet of the back of the church when two ladies walked out onto the alter and were dusting and watering some plants. I had to laugh as it reminded me of a time when I used to work at church and one day I was watering a plant carefully when one of the ladies informed me it was not real . . . well, it looked like a real rubber tree plant to me. I wonder if I rusted out the pot with my careful watering.
So today, no matter where you are, there is someone or something to bring back a memory or two. I know you are all smiling as it is already the start of your new weekend off and it is a holiday weekend, a festive time, so enjoy the barbecue. Pat brought me some delicious ribs already cooked and they were delicious. All I need is a piece of watermelon and I'll have had my Fourth of July celebration. Don't forget the Boston Pops and the big display in D. C. . . . I wonder if they will have one this year . . . I hope so although 'the mood of change' makes me wonder. The candle is lit . . . think positive. Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment