Thursday, July 8, 2010

News from Alaska


















As you can see from the pictures John took on his second trip to Denali National Park, there is a lot to see. This time he did get on one of the tour buses and said his knees were pinched because of the lack of space but that did not deter him as he took out and used his trusty camera. He tells me he is ready to go back and see more as there are many more animals free to roam. I imagine the bear families are something to see close up. I loved the eagle nest which reminded me of one of the jet boat rides up the Rogue river in Gold Beach where we spotted an eagle or two, plus we caught one catching a fish out of the river. It is exciting to view wild life in their own habitat and enjoy a different kind of beauty that surrounds us when we take the time to look. I would like to have had a picture of him and Jo. who was with him on this trip. I talked with her on the IM yesterday and she told me she is enjoying her first adventure to Alaska. She is not missing her home in Delaware where the heat wave is staying on for days and days. It had been already heating up before she left but with this new heat wave all along the east coast she is glad to be viewing the wild beasts of Alaska. She tells me she walks out on the paths nearby the apartment and makes lots of noise in case any of these beasts are lurking in the bushes. They are great travelers so I am hoping to see more pictures and hear tales of the wilds as they find time to get out and see more of Alaska. Of course work gets in the way, but hopefully weekends will be warm and sunny and they can get out and about around Anchorage itself.
So today, enjoy the pictures from Alaska and try to plan a trip up to see this beautiful state. The inland passage on the big boat is a fun trip and there is much to see, but it only makes a couple of stops in a town like Sitka where you can only get into by the sea, or a plane. There is much to see and enjoy up there so put it on your calendar for some vacation time even if it is number ten on your list of places to see and enjoy. Imagine going on the longer boat trip and seeing Denali and many other cities up there, or going on the ferries hopping from one place to the next before driving the long back roads into a larger city. Wow . . . I could get excited about seeing all of Alaska but my octogenarian status slows me down physically but there is nothing that slows me down mentally...yet...so I am enjoying the first hand family views and hope you are enjoying them too. Make today a great one, count your blessings, we do have one or two hovering around us. Today is going to be a good day. I can feel it in my bones. Hugs to all.






No comments:

Post a Comment