Thursday, May 13, 2010

Funny




I had a square meal last evening when I defrosted a luscious piece of green ling cod from the freezer. Daughter Pat brought over some of her specialties seeing she was not going to be around for several weeks to enjoy the delights of the special ling cod that we enjoy more than a steak. I steamed it along with some fresh chard from my neighbors garden, then topped it off with some applesauce and hot coffee. I didn't have any chocolate to tempt me until my neighbor went to the store and she called to asked if I needed anything. My first thought was that I didn't need a thing, but then chocolate came to mind and I asked that she bring some of those wonderful Mother's double chocolate cookies. With a bit if disdain in her voice she said, "I never heard of Mother's cookies because I always make my own cookies." Well usually I do too, but lately they disappear as fast as they leave the oven and I didn't have the full ingredients to bake . . . so what's wrong with buying a cookie now and then . . . nothing as far as I'm concerned. She did bring me the cookies and she went home with half of them and I hear that they are exceptional and she may go and get some more . . . maybe I've created a cookie monster.
Montana stopped in for a cup of coffee and a few of those cookies. I believe in spreading the word about good 'stuff' and she thought the double chocolate was just what she needed. She has been writing about fairies and she does a remarkable job. I am hoping to see her fairy poems and stories in a book before long. Believe me it will be a best seller. She is a born writer and truly talented. She came for a minute and stayed for an hour and sharing stories, poems and a lot of laughter brightened my day.

So today, I hope you have some signs in your life to bring a memory or two to the forefront of your mind, or a thought to stop and buy some of those double chocolate cookies you can dip in your coffee or tea and let them melt in your mouth. Don't think of the calorie content of the cookies, think of the taste that brings on a sigh of contentment. You can diet tomorrow. . . or not . . . after all there is nothing wrong with being round and lovable. Make today a cookie day and enjoy one, or two , three tops and put the rest away for another day. Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment