Tuesday, May 11, 2010

A Surprise


Yesterday was a rainy day for most of the day, gray, somber, the start of a new week and I was wondering what I was going to do with myself. My lunch date was off on her own and there wasn't a cookie in the house. I could bake some . . . nah . . . too much trouble; I could walk to store if it cleared up but that didn't look too good. Well, I had lots to do around the house and I am writing a new story about octogenarians and trying to make it funny, although there is not a lot of 'funny' being an octogenarian.
I dusted the walls, something my daughter Pat thinks is ludicrous. The kitchen floor got the eye but not the mopping it deserved. Laundry in, the coffee ready and I headed for the computer. I edited again and made some changes, wrote more, wrote a bit of poetry to greet my reader and added a few more words looking to end my rantings when I heard a knock on the door and there was the lady who delivers the flowers around town. Flowers for ME!!! Wow!!!! What a lovely surprise. My day was made. There was nothing that could go wrong today . . . I placed them on the coffee table, sat back and just smiled as I touched each flower and thought of Jo. a friend, a new daughter, someone I share words with and hugs when I see her. Having Mother's Day and a birthday within days of each other is fun as the cards arrive and now the beautiful yellow bouquet of roses and tiny mums, exotic daisies, berries and leaves, which has made my whole room come alive and me 'queen-for-a-day'.
So today, when you put on your thinking cap, remember someone you love with a token of your esteem and let them know how much you care. It will light up their day and watch out, if you are close by, you will have your six hugs for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment