Sunday, May 2, 2010

Irony









Signs are suppose to help us in our travels and every once in awhile someone manages to catch one or two that say one thing and mean another. It is okay to chuckle as we really know what they mean but like headlines in a newspaper or on a magazine cover they can lead you astray. The weight watcher and Baskin Robbins one tickled me. I wonder if Baskin and Robbins have come up with a no calorie delight, if so, I'm on my way.
The young lady with the world's largest rabbit was something to read about. Darius is some name for a rabbit, cute and clever. He is thirteen months old, gentle and is the son of the current record holder named Alice and grandson of Amy, all crowned winners. At the rate he is growing he will far surpass his elders,as he is already four foot three inches tall. Darius has a hardy appetite and devours twelve carrots, two bowls filled with rabbit mix, three apples and a cabbage in a day. That is one food bill I don't want or need, although having a pet rabbit about has its compensations. Reminds me of Pat's rabbit when she was about twelve and went to Rhode Island on a vacation with a girl friend. Her pet rabbit was left in my care and I am not really truly comfortable around hissing huge rabbits that are only friendly to their owners. Pat loved her rabbit above all and when she telephoned to say hello it wasn't with words of how she missed me, or her family, but her rabbit.

So today when you are out and about check the neighborhood and see what exotic animals live nearby. Maybe you may have a champion living across the street from you. Stop and admire the creatures you meet and you will make a life time friend of their masters who already know they have the smartest, cutest, best pet in the world. If you do not believe me, ask them.
Yesterday I went next door to visit my neighbor who just returned from the hospital after suffering a heart attack. They have two dogs that are put outside before I enter their door. The dogs are fine just needy and sit on your shoes waiting to be petted and I want them long gone after the first petting. As I left there was a garden snake on the sidewalk and it actually made a leap for me. I don't think it is a poisonous snake but I don't like snakes or any other creepy crawlers so jumped a foot. My neighbor La Verne was afraid I'd fall as I hopped away from that monster. She was laughing at my delima, after all it was only a garden snake . . . yuck!!! I don't like ants, flies, snails and only very few puppy dog tails. Let us hope that you are all better creature lovers than I. Make today a fresh new start. Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment