Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Good Morning

The promise of sunshine for a few days. I can stand that. Now if the wind stays down it will help. I took a walk out yesterday after the gloomy start of the day and decided to take advantage of the sunshine. I started out with the thought of a few blocks for exercise and twenty blocks later, a visit to a lovely gift shop and a return trip home, I found I had overdone it. Me, the walker, had set my legs back to a rest mode for the next day or two. It was lovely while it lasted though.

Now if I could just get someone to go out into my kitchen and fix up some of this lovely fruit, I'd have it made. I could just sit here and talk with you while my breakfast was being taken care of, but I had better wake up and stop dreaming as that coffee pot is not going to drip until I get out there and fix it. Aren't the bananas cute? They were pictured in an attachment with the caption, ' some one with time on their hands' and there were more pictures of fruits with painted faces.

I have a huge carton of strawberries in my refrigerator as Fred Meyers, our big grocery chain store, had a special on them this week. I shared them with Pat before she left for Alaska, and I still have more than I need. I have been looking for my recipe for strawberry pie but cannot find it. It was such a simple recipe in which you made a glaze and poured it over the sliced strawberries in a graham cracker crust topped with whipped cream. I guess it is just as well as I don't need all the extra calories, but it would have been a treat to my taste buds. I'll have some over my cereal this morning and enjoy them anyway.
















Now this is a bowl of fruit. Doesn't it look luscious? That good old ditty comes to mind . . . 'fruit, fruit, the magical fruit, the more you eat, the more you toot' . . . and the rest is lost, which is just as well. But . . . fruit is good for you and always delicious.


So today go out in your kitchen and fix yourself a bowl of fruit, savor the flavors and enjoy the textures and the sweetness. Share it with a family member or a friend and think how nice it is that it is 'hump day' already . . . yeah ! mid week, and you can look forward to a restful weekend . . . or not, you may want to do something more active . . . whatever, know it is on the way . . . where does time go? I am having a visitor, a lovely friend who is going to spend two weeks with me and I can hardly wait to start our adventures. Make today special, just like you.









No comments:

Post a Comment