Friday, May 7, 2010

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PATRICIA


A banner day, hopefully full of sunshine as we celebrate daughter Pat's birthday today. My mind fills with memories of my only brown eyed child, the others followed the blue eye of their father. At first it was only me and the dog, but here she came with sparkling eyes and lit up my world. She was born early in the morning, rush hour traffic at its best and she was in a hurry. For a moment or two we thought she would be born right in front of the newspaper office where her father worked, but she held off and was born fifteen minutes after we arrived at the hospital. . . a beautiful baby girl to love. The years have flown much faster than we knew they could and today I am very lucky to be able to share her time, her hugs, and adventures. Her spirit has never changed and she is still, to this very day, ready to reach out and learn something new and different. How proud I am of her, and believe me I count my blessings every day that she wasn't twins . . . (smile).. . . well she was and still is the 'perfect' child who led me merry chase through life and I can only tell you that I would not have missed a second of it. So, my lovely daughter, I hope your day is as special as you are . . . get out there and celebrate!!
And to all of you who are reading this blog, have a latte and sing out . . . you know the words; Happy Birthday to You, Happy Birthday to You and Pat will pick up the vibes and be smiling all day. Sounds good to me, everyone is in tune. Happy Birthday to You!

1 comment: