Monday, May 17, 2010

Tootie Fruiti

It is Monday . . . the start of a new week, the middle of the month of May that has been one of the strangest weather patterns as it remains cold and windy when the clouds disappear. At least the fog has gone this morning. Maybe, we are going to be lucky and see the sun early today, I hope so as Paula and I are going to go out to lunch and meet friends and indulge in one of those 'full' of calorie pies at the Tea Room. I've been waiting for some months to get up there and choose my favorite; the trouble is which favorite? lemon, chocolate or maybe that coconut cream . . . when I open the other eye I'll have to give it some thought as I cut up that low calorie melon I bought at the store for our breakfast today.


My neighbor LaVerne stopped in to say hello and greet Paula. Her husband Jim is slowly making inroads on the comeback trail from a heart attack. It seems he lost his appetite along the way and we were having a discussion about what foods can bring back some energy. I shared some of the ling cod Pat brought over last week and he enjoyed a tiny taste of it. Hopefully his energy will quicken so he can enjoy the upcoming 90th birthday bash they have planned for him.


We rode over to Sporthaven beach and watched the tide roll in. The waves became higher and the white caps spewed their lacy froth up to the beach. The sea gulls were mulling around hoping we would share that ice cream we were eating. Slug and Stones still has the best ice cream around and I tried something a little different. I asked for butter pecan ice cream with hot chocolate sauce, no fancy cream, nuts or cherries, just the basics and it was delicious. Try it, next time you are in the mood for an ice cream cone in a sugar cone, although I cut a couple of calories by having mine in a plain old white carton cup. It still tasted like manna from heaven, and I wonder why I do not lose weight . . . I once told my husband that once I hit the ripe old age of fifty I would never count another calorie and I hoped he would still love a plump wife. His response was, "I do." Well, you know he got his favorite desert baked for him from then on.


So today, do yourself a favor and order your favorite desert. Don't stand up to eat it, sit down, relax, pick up that fork or spoon and start slowly to savor the delicious flavor, the texture and the feeling that all is right in your world. A new day . . . make it a jelly belly day and smile a lot. Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment