Wednesday, May 5, 2010

It Never Fails





Have you ever noticed that when someone in the family is going somewhere, either driving or flying, that the news is filled with horror stories? A tornado is ripping up on area, the floods are devastating another, snow is falling and frost is still on the ground and summer is supposedly coming. Daughter Pat is going to be leaving next week on an exciting adventure . . . a road trip to Alaska and she is so excited. No talk of the thousands of caribou traveling down the mountains, or the bears waking up from hibernating for months, hungry and just looking for something to eat . . . or, the wolves who are so beautiful and run in packs. All she can think of is how exciting an adventure this is going to be from a visit with her sister, to a ferry boat ride that will take three days in which she will enjoy the company of others and have more fun than she has had in a 'coons-age'. She will meet and greet folks and see some of the most beautiful scenery in the world. That digital camera should get a work out and I can hardly wait for the pictures to start arriving. I'd like to be riding along enjoying the trip with her, like so many we have had over the last few years, but my legs wouldn't hold up with that much driving. Am I envious? Oh yes, I really am. I love to travel in any mode possible to anywhere possible but life styles change as you 'get on' in years. Not so much that I wont be going as my son John is going to send me an airline ticket to visit later in the year. That I can do and will do so I can pack up my green glow and send my adventuresome daughter off with a smile and a hug. What fun for her. What fantastic adventures are about to open up for her.
So today, if you cannot go on a trip, road or otherwise, cheer on someone you know who is. . . hey, send Pat a card and wish her well, or call and tell her that maybe you are wearing a bit of the green as you would love to join her. Send her a hug and say a prayer for a journey that will be smooth as a baby's tush and as exciting as a new puppy with chasing its tail. If you are on the road, find the map that leads to Brookings . . . the door is open, the coffee pot is on . . . you missed the hot apple turnovers yesterday but I might bake a few cookies if I know you are on your way. Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment