Monday, June 7, 2010

Early morning

Good morning. No fog this morning and I am looking at a beautiful sky filled with rainbow colors. Red sky in the morning, sailor take warning, some purple, yellow and shades of blue and a visit from the resident deer. There is a little one out in the front yard heading for the rhody bush I cut back last year. At the rate they chomp on it and devour the new leaves, it may be a long while before it comes back to a blooming bush. A good way to start my Monday. I hear the garbage truck around the corner. It sure is a noisy business for all of its modernization. No one jumping out of the truck to pick up the barrel and throw away the contents, now they sit and everything is automatic. A boon for the driver but not as friendly and a lot more noise. The early morning walkers are out with their dogs and walk at a good pace. I am a little envious as I love to walk and my pace is not as it 'used to be', nope, it has gone by the wayside along with a few other things. But . . . I am walking and that is a good thing.


On Saturday Pat picked me up and we rode over to the Best Western at Sporthaven beach where my neighbor Jim was being feasted. His 90th birthday. He just had a heart attack a month ago and we were not certain he was going to make this special date, but he did and we were all there to cheer him on. The room itself was really lovely and well presented. His cake was huge and the decorations on it depicted his days of running a ranch. Yes, a rancher, a true cowboy for many years, a job he did well and loved every minute of it. His family and friends gathered in his honor and enjoyed trays of delicious foods along with some coffee and wine. The family had taken time to make a history board and a book of pictures showing life on the ranch. He had four children and adopted four more and they were there to honor a hard working father who taught them about hard work and love. He is a good man and a good neighbor although I am not sure I was happy with his introduction to a friend . . . he asked, "How old are you now?" I replied, "Eighty-six, going on eighty-seven." He laughed and said to his friend, "See, she is almost as old as I am." He is right, I am almost as old as he is and bragging. I never thought I'd ever get this old. Inside I'm forty; outside, well that is a 'horse' of a different color. Turning 90 is special and I have hopes he will live to be a hundred . . . but should I wish that on anyone? I guess that depends on your attitude.


So today, have a good attitude. The start of your week, plot and plan and make it a good week. Get your priorities in order and finish the worst task first then the rest will follow without a hitch. I hope you have sunshine today as I see the sun rising in the east and it looks so good . . . now if it would only stay. Someone made a remark stating "live in high hope" and the response I heard many years later was "and die in despair" . . . so much for my attitude this morning. Where's my coffee? That will change it in a hurry. Go . . . have fun, do something you really like to do; lunch with the bunch; walk around the block; sing or even hum and that will set you off to a good start. Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment