Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Once upon a Time


This is a picture daughter Patricia took on her short camping days. I am sure she would love to spend a lot more time fishing for trout and a few of the small smelts that cook up like tasty potato chips. When she does take the time to go camping way up in the back hills of Gold Beach where the dirt roads are narrow and unpaved, filled with pot holes and no guard rails to keep the truck centered on the road, she finds it exciting and as the truck weaves its way gingerly up the inclines with the river far below, then turns into a lovely camping area she is positive it is all worth while.
I get to live vicariously as a camper when Pat tells of her adventures in camping. I have never been a camper and find the beauty of the forest leaves me in awe, but, it also leaves me itching and twitching when I see the creeping crawlers. I seem to have brought along childhood fears and phobias I've never let loose of and it is a shame for I am missing out on some of life's greatest moments. . . . well for some, then there are those, like me, who find a clean bed, a hot shower, or a bubble bath in the tub, far more luxurious and easy to live with and I can watch the travel channel on TV and the wild animals stay within their bounds. Look ma, no itching! Even Emma is a better camper than I'll ever be and she has learned to swim in the lakes and loves it, bear poop excites her and she wants to wander far and wide to make a new friend.
So today, the last of June 2010, a holiday weekend in the offering, fire works in the sky, barbecue and friends, I'd say we had a lot to look forward to. Enjoy your holiday where ever you are be it in the city or up in the mountains or even by the sea shore . . . relax and count your blessings. Make today a sunshine day even if you have a bit of rain. Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment