Monday, June 21, 2010

WOW ! !

This is Donna, my friend's daughter, who was visiting her mother and they bundled up on a January day and went down to Sporthaven beach and walked along in the company of the Pelicans. All you need is a tiny tidbit and they become your friends for life. We have been having rumors that the Pelicans are a dying breed and that is bad and very sad news as they are truly beautiful creatures.
A blue eyed charmer


I am not sure when the Pelicans plan their trip to our beaches but it is always a wonderful sight to see when they fly in formation and put on a show that is a sight to see. A distinctive bird with its long beak and golden head. True blue eyes and so graceful in flight but have one of the most awkward landings I've ever seen. The expectation is that they will glide in but the truth is they plop like a hard landing of an airplane. Oh to understand the dynamics of flying. I am thankful to Marge for sharing the beautiful pictures of the Pelicans and am a bit green with envy that I wasn't there to join in the fun.
Dragons in the sand, old St. George slaying the dragon, quite a piece of art.
I am still trying to find some information on the Oregon beach that holds the annual event of the sand castles and other beautiful creations. It would be something to be able to walk along and see each one and see how they are created.







I wonder how the photographer was able to take this picture. According to the write-up it was taken by a rig manager of Global Marine Drilling at St.John, Newfoundland. It went on to say that they use tow ships to divert the berg away from the rig. It ended by saying that it is no wonder the Titanic didn't survive. Well from up above it looks like a mountain of ice and snow and harmless but it just goes to show we never know what is underneath waiting to surprise us. The icy blue of the picture makes me feel cold. It looks a little like a piece of crystal I have, only the crystal is clear and it warms in my hands. I am afraid we would have frost bite if we had a piece of this berg in our hands.
So today, another Monday, another first of the week wondering what is in store for us. Hopefully, as this is the first day of summer, it means a change in the weather pattern to warmth and sunshine. I don't know about you, but I can use a little heat from the sun. I got my summer chairs washed so now all I have to do is go out on the porch and bake a little of the winter dole drums out of my system . . . if the fog lifts . . . go out, no matter what the weather and enjoy the day for it is what YOU make it. Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment