Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Lunch Out







I invited 'the girls' out to lunch, their choice and it proved to be the Hungry Clam for fish and chips and chowder. I think the chef won an award for the best chowder in town, and although it is thick and filled with clams it has a way to go to meet my favorite up at Whaleshead. Up there they serve a 'loose' chowder filled with potatoes, celery, onion and lots of bits of bacon and a clam or two but you need a magnifying glass to see it. Nevertheless it is delicious and worth the ride up to have some. I cannot complain about my chowder yesterday, I didn't leave any in the cup. I also had a taste of granddaughter Erin's nuggets and managed to finish her cold slaw. Daughter Pat was content with her grilled fish although she likes the white fish so much better than the 'dark meat' of what was served yesterday. In spite of my sounding like I am complaining, honestly, I am not, just trying to tell you how much fun it was to share lunch out with 'the girls'. They are fun to be with.
Erin is excited about moving into a loft apartment in San Francisco city where there are lots of new and different small shops close by. She had pictures to show us on her Ipod . . . I think that is what it is called. She will be able to save time and money on a shorter commute to work and not have to pay the four dollar bridge fee everyday, nor fight the heavy traffic as she can now use city transportation and still get to work on time. She regaled us with city stories and had us laughing out loud. Her take on finding a parking spot is hilarious.
It is always such fun to have my granddaughter home. Her visits are always much too short, but the fact that we have the visit is most important and she will be back before this summer ends as she is going to a wedding of a high school friend.
Hey Marge, if you look closely you can see she is wearing your latest creation. She really loves the moss agate and the color of the beads you chose. She is saving the matching earrings for evening wear as she had a gift of Alaskan moose dangling in her ears. and they actually matched the beads.
So today if you have someone to share lunch with, go and have your favorite foods. If you are coming this way, know that there is plenty of fish and chips to be had. Make today a good one, summer is finally here and the weather is perfect even when I say the wind is still cold. Next I'll be complaining about the heat but I'll be smiling all the while. Bon Appetite ! Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment