Friday, June 11, 2010

Where is the sand pail?

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU . . . HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU . . . I HOPE YOU CELEBRATE IN STYLE . . . WISH YOU WERE HERE . . . OR WE WERE THERE TO SHARE YOUR SPECIAL DAY.
Oh to be this clever . . . I have tried to build a sand castle or two in my day but no talent. The e-mail I received yesterday showed many pictures of the sand creatures, one more beautiful than the last. Rest assured I would hesitate to be a judge as each one was a special work of art. I believe these are put together at a beach called Cannon Beach which is in the northern part of our state. I haven't seen any advertisements or any features about this particular sand show which I believe is held every year, or I would have planned a visit. I think it would be a show worthwhile for a northern excursion. I'll have to goggle and see what I can find out about it and maybe next year I can actually walk on the beach and get more than a birds eye view.

Wow! Look at the detail. I'm not an admirer of snails as we have so many creeping and crawling around this year. The rain and mist seems to bring them out by the hundreds and they love to eat the leaves of the plants in the garden. There is snail bait and someone suggested a saucer of beer which I haven't tried yet but I am thinking about it. Who knows though, I might run into snails who do not like beer, like me, I never acquired a taste for it.


So today make some time to pick up the telephone and call John or send him an e-mail and wish him well as he starts a new year off in the wilds of Alaska. Maybe you are celebrating a birthday or a special event in your life, go . . . enjoy and celebrate YOU. Hugs to all.


No comments:

Post a Comment